Components that pass physical inspection are subjected to a battery of performance tests. Edgeium tests every port (10M to 100G), processor, memory module and drive. Those that pass our performance tests are guaranteed to meet 100% of the manufacturer’s specifications. In the final step, all system configuration files are wiped clean.
Testing of optical transceivers is even more rigorous. Before any optical component can be accepted it must pass a TX Power Calibration, RX Power Calibration, Eye Diagram, DOM functionality, and Sensitivity/Bit Error Rate (BER) test.
Why Edgeium does not offer refurbished equipment
With solid-state components, if a piece of hardware doesn’t fail initially it almost never will. So, refurbished implies hardware that is inherently defective, and the supplier has either fixed or swapped out a board level component.
Edgeium refuses to condone this practice. If a piece of hardware doesn’t pass our testing, it is e-wasted. And we will never cannibalize non-working parts to make a working one.
Gain insight with our industry leading Maintenance Analysis:
- Contract Consolidation and Negotiation
- Self-Sparing Analysis
- Remaining Life Expectancy of Current Assets Analysis
- End of Sale Analysis (EoS)
- EoS Replacement Hardware Analysis with functionality/feature breakdown compared to your current estate
- Software Analysis (Perpetual vs Subscription, Access to IOS Updates without SMARTnet)